Terms and conditions
- Email address
- Home address
- Phone number
- We require that you follow the Greener Camping Club Campsite Rules as displayed onsite and to adhere to our Terms and conditions, (see B and C below).
- Admission is only permitted after Greener Camping Club Membership is approved.
B. We require that you follow the Greener Camping Club Campsite Rules as written below:
1. Greener Camping Club campsites are for the exclusive use of its Members.
2. In order to stay at a Greener Camping Club campsite, at least one adult from each occupied camping or glamping unit (pup tents excepted), must be a member of the Greener Camping Club.
3. The Greener Camping Club accepts no liability whatsoever for loss or damage to persons or property, arising from the use of its campsites.
4. The speed limit on Greener Camping Club campsites is 5 mph.
5. Members must report to the Site Owner before pitching, or occupying a pre-erected glamping unit and pay any outstanding fees.
6. Members must produce proof of membership when requested to do so by the Site Owner or Club Officer.
7. Members may only pitch where directed by the Site Owner.
8. For fire and safety reasons, tents, trailer tents and caravans must be pitched so that the outside edge is a minimum of six metres from an adjacent unit (pup tents excepted).
During Your Stay
9. Members must follow all instructions provided by the Site Owner.
10. Members must recycle their rubbish and deal with CDP waste (where permitted) as directed by the Site Owner.
11. Dogs (where permitted), must be kept under control at all times and never be left unattended. Unless agreed with the Site Owner, dogs must be kept on a lead of no more than 2 metres at all times.
12. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
13. Noise must be kept to a reasonable level at all times and there must be no noise or vehicle movement
between 10.00pm and 7.30am.
14. Generators and amplified music are not permitted.
15. Campfires are to be lit in designated fire pits only, or as directed by the Site Owner. Campfires are not to be left unattended and must always be supervised by a responsible adult.
16. Camping units are not permitted to be left unattended overnight unless agreed with Site Owner.
17. If the behaviour of a Member, or that of their children or dog(s), causes nuisance to other Members, or there is persistent violation of Greener Camping Club Rules herein, the Site Owner is empowered to instruct the Member to cease the behaviour/violation, or leave the site immediately without refund.
18. Day visitors are only permitted with the prior agreement of the Site Owner and must report to the Site Owner upon arrival.
19. Members must vacate their pitch/unit on the day of departure, at the time requested by the Site Owner.
20. Vacated pitches/units must be left clear of all personal property, debris and refuse.
*These Campsite Rules are subject to change and should be read in conjunction with updates
published on the website: www.greenercamping.org
C. By making a booking you accept the following Terms and Conditions:
Tents and Campervans ONLY policy:
When camping with us you are NOT allowed to stay in Motorhomes or Caravans but must stay in a "tent" of some sort or campervan. Any kind of tent is fine basically. If we supply a Glamping you unit, you can stay in that but you can't bring your own Glamping unit.
In order to comply with countryside planning policy, we are proud to operate as a Greener Camping Club members-only campsite. The Club was established by people with a passion for sustainable, eco-friendly camping holidays. When you book your stay with us. One person on each pitch must be a member of the Greener Camping Club. Membership costs £12 for the year and gives you access to some of the greenest campsites in the UK. To find out more about the club, please visit www.greenercamping.org/. If you are already a member you must show us your membership card on arrival.
First and foremost, our wish is to work in harmony with the planet and try to restore harmony in nature. This includes making a commitment to reducing our carbon impact and taking a stance where we can to support this. We know that because you have chosen to join the Green Camping Club, you support this too. This is important for us as we want to generate a strong ethos for our campsite and welcome conscious caring people who are making a difference.
We request that you use environmentally sensitive products in the toilets/showers. We will be using green cleaning products and we will supply green handwash and body wash for you to use. As well as being better for the planet, we also have a sceptic tank which works better with clean products and no chemicals.
Arrival and Departure
So that we can keep a peaceful and safe site, please ensure you arrive between 2-9pm. Our main aim is to ensure there is no excessive or illegal noise. We respect our neighbours and other campers wish for quiet. Late arrivals should not drive up into the field and can use our wheelbarrows to get to the pitch so as not to disturb others. Please depart by 11am on your leaving day and leave the site as you found it.
We request a ~30% non-refundable deposit usually when booking. Receipt of the deposit secures your booking. The balance is payable on arrival (including £10 Greener Camping Membership fee when applicable).
Cancellation by you:
If you cancel your stay, you lose your deposit. Bookings are not transferable to another family without our prior agreement. If your deposit has included The Greener Camping Club Membership fee, this fee is also non-refundable, however you do retain the Greener Camping Club Membership.
If you haven't arrived by midnight on your arrival date or made an alternative arrangement directly with us, then we will take this to mean you have cancelled the booking.
Cancellation by us:
Gweek Campsite reserves the right to cancel a booking at short notice (Eg. due to extreme environmental circumstances, extenuating circumstances, etc) and a full refund would be due then UNLESS the cancellation is due to government imposed Covid19 laws. Once you are here, we reserve the right to cancel a booking and ask you to leave with immediate effect, without explanation, if one of our terms and conditions have been breached or a UK law has been broken which we consider serious enough.
Cancellation in the event of a Covid-19 infection:
You will have to cancel your booking if:
You or a member of your party have a positive Covid-19 test
You or a member of your party have to self-isolate due to contact with a Covid-19 sufferer
You or a member of your party develop Covid-19 symptoms and are awaiting test results
Your area is put into a localised lockdown - that means you will be breaking the law if you travel.
If any of the above apply we will do our best to offer you alternative dates for your holiday. If that is not possible then the 'Cancellation by You' clause will apply.
If, as a result of Government restrictions our campsite is forced to cancel your booking, we will endeavor to come to a fair arrangement with you, such as rescheduling the stay. In these unique times where neither party is at fault, we need to work and share the impacts together.
Children and Adult Safety
This hardly needs saying, but please take full responsibility for yourself and your children, there are contingent risks to be aware of. We allow campfires in our communal fireplace, the risks are small and should be self-evident, but if you are not clear, please ask us. Gweek Campsite accepts no responsibility for injury incurred on site. Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children on site at all times. Admission to the private areas and the greenhouses is not permitted. If you would like a tour of the greenhouses please just ask us and we will hope to be able accommodate you.
The speed limit while on our site is 5 mph. Please assess if your car is suitable to drive along the track and also assess track when conditions are wet or ask our advise if in doubt.
Recycling & Rubbish
A condition of camping here is that you recycle all your rubbish as much as possible - separating glass, cans, plastic, paper, cardboard etc and placing them in the special bins provided. What is left, i.e. anything that is not recyclable can be placed in black bags in the landfill bin. You are out in the country and wildlife enjoys a free meal so please don’t leave rubbish or food out overnight or your tents open when you are not around
Please only use the designated campfire place. Do not leave your campfire unattended and think carefully about whether or not to light a fire if it is windy. We do not accept any responsibility for injury or damage caused by your campfire. By lighting it, you accept full responsibility for it.
Consideration for Others
This is a peaceful, quiet campsite. We respect other campers and neighbours by not making noise after 10.00pm. We do not allow radios, stereos or other sound systems. . No amplified music is allowed at any time. If you arrive back late please be respectful of our neighbours along the track. A torch will be useful. Noisy visitors who disturb other guests will be asked politely to leave, without refund.
We do currently take dogs, but they must be kept on leads at all times. All dog poo needs to be cleared immediately, please be vigilant about this. Please use fully compostable and biodegradable bags. There will be a bin to put dog poo bags in for composting. No plastic. Please also do not bring dogs that are aggressive or that bark a lot. If a dog is a consitant nuisance then you may be asked to leave
Day visitors are only permitted by prior agreement